Anderson Cooper on Tuesday night tore into the Trump White House’s botched response to the coronavirus pandemic and declared the United States to be “a pariah state” following the European Union’s travel ban on people from America.
“The world leader for decades in the study of prevention for infectious disease, the biggest economy in the world, the only country to send people to the moon and we can’t even fly to Paris because Americans are now a health hazard,” said the host of CNN’s “Anderson Cooper 360°.”
Cooper also examined the recent record uptick in confirmed cases of COVID-19, that has prompted some states to reintroduce lockdown measures, and called out President Donald Trump for repeatedly subverting the idea of wearing face masks aimed at slowing its spread.
Check out Cooper’s full monologue here:
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- 7 essential pieces of relationship advice for couples in quarantine
- What you need to know about face masks right now
- How to tell if you need to start doing online therapy
- Lost your job due to coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know.
- Parenting during the coronavirus crisis?
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.
Source: Read Full Article